Merc details revealed for Team Fortress 2′s Mann vs Machine
Following yesterday's announcement of the new Mann vs Machine mode for TF2, the Team Fortress 2 website has been updated with more details on the new mode.
Yesterday it was announced that the mode would be released on the 15th of August, click through for the full lowdown.
Today we've learned more about the items we'll be using in the battle against the robot horde.
As you recycle your way through Gray's metallic army you'll be picking up cash. you can then use this hard earned cash to get weapons, items or ability upgrades.
"When a robot kills a human, we erupt into a pleading mist of blood, meat particles and tears, which you can't really trade for anything. But when a robot dies, he explodes in a shower of money, which, during between-wave lulls, you can exchange at any Upgrade Station for weapon, item and ability upgrades."
Mann vs Machine is adding a new item type, canteens - as we predicted - and they come in a variety of flavours:
- Ubercharge - Supplies 5 seconds of personal invincibility
- Critical hit boost - Full crits for 5 seconds
- Ammo Refill - Never stop shooting with this instant ammo and clip refill
- Return to base - Immediately returns you to the respawn room for last-minute base defense and gives you a temporary speed boost.
- Buildings upgrade - For the engineer who needs level three buildings in a hurry.
If you check out the Team Fortress 2 site you'll notice that there's been a picture ripped down where the canteens were, we reckon there's another one Valve are keeping quiet.
- Upgraded Buff Banner can empower entire team
- Upgrade Rocket Launcher to increase damage, firing speed, reload speed and projectile speed
- Upgraded medigun or Kritzkrieg boosts overheal amount and duration
- Upgraded Medic can increase ubercharge build rate and lengthen deploy duration
- Upgraded Medic can share his canteen effects with heal target
- Upgraded Mad Milk slows affected enemies
- All Scouts have the following innate skills:
- Extra-large cash collection radius
- Health boosts from collected cash
- Instant respawns
- Upgraded rounds pass through multiple targets
- Upgraded minigun can shoot down projectiles
- Upgraded Heavy can generate rage, causing rounds to knock back enemies.
- Use a Critical Hit Boost canteed to lay deadly sticky traps
- Use damage-upgraded sticky bomb clusters to instantly destroy all but the strongest targets
- Upgraded Engineer can build a second, disposable mini-sentry
- Use a Critical Hit Boost canteed to temporarily boost sentry gun to three times it's firing speed
- Remember: The Wrangler excels against long-range targets
- Upgraded Jarate slows affected enemies
- Upgraded sniper rile rounds and huntsman arrows pass through multiple targets
- Combine Jarate with bleed effect on rounds and arrows to take down larger enemies
- Upgraded sniper rile and Huntsman cause explosive headshots
- Upgraded airblast pushes targets further
- Use airblasts to seperate medic robots from their targets and push bomb-carrying robots into mineshafts
- Upgraded flare gun becomes a lethal long range weapon
- Upgraded sapper can disable groups of regular robots and slow giants
- Spies' disguises fool all robot enemies; robots may detect a nearby backstab, and will always detect a Spy who is on fire
- Upgraded knife can penetrate armour, allowing increasing effectiveness against Giants